Foundations Recovery Community Center
We’re a community-based, non-clinical setting that is safe, welcoming and alcohol/substance free for any member of the community.
The center promotes long-term recovery through skill building, recreation, wellness education, employment readiness civic restoration opportunities, and other social activities. Services are accessible not only during the daytime hours, but also during the evenings and weekends.
We provide an opportunity for individuals and families to connect with peers who are going though similar challenges so that they can benefit from shared experiences and commitment to common goals for recovery.
FOUNDATIONS Recovery Community Center
25 Smith Street, Ste. 108
Nanuet NY 10954
(845) 215–9788 ext. 16
Recovery Coaching Services
Recovery Coaching is a form of strength-based supports for persons in or seeking recovery from alcohol and other drugs, and other addictions. Similar to life and business coaching, Recovery Coaching (also known as peer mentoring) is a type of partnership where the person in or seeking recovery self directs his/her recovery while the coach provides expertise in supporting successful change. Recovery Coaching focuses on achieving any goals important to the individual. The coach asks questions and offers suggestions to help the person in recovery begin to take the lead in addressing his/her recovery needs. Recovery Coaching focuses on honoring values and making principle-based decisions, creating a clear plan of action, and using current strengths to reach future goals. The coach serves as an accountability partner to help the person sustain his/her recovery. The Recovery Coach helps the person access recovery, as well as access systems needed to support recovery such as benefits, health care, etc.
Recovery Coaches also:
- develop the recovery plan;
- help to initiate and sustain an individual/family in their recovery from substance use or addiction;
- promote recovery by removing barriers and obstacles to recovery;
- serve as a personal guide and mentor for people seeking, or already in recovery;
- help a client find resources for harm reduction, detox, treatment, family support and education, local or online support groups; or help a client create a change plan to recover on their own; and
- help individuals find ways to stop using (abstinence), or reduce harm associated with addictive behaviors.
Recovery Coaches work with individuals beyond recovery initiation through stabilization and into recovery maintenance. They function as a guide to help with decision-making and support steps toward recovery. Recovery Coaches do not provide clinical services — (primary treatment for addiction, diagnosis) and recognize that there are many pathways to recovery.
To obtain a Recovery Coach please contact RCADD at
Recovery Coach Training Class
The Certified Addiction Recovery Coach (CARC) has been defined by the New York Certification Board (NYCB) as anyone committed to promoting recovery from addiction by connecting recoveries with recovery support services, building recovery capital, generating individualized recovery options and assisting recoveries to remove barriers to recovery. The CARC credential is not limited to only those in recovery from addiction.
Participants receive a Recovery Coach Academy Certificate and a Standardized OASAS certificate of completion for OASAS CASAC, CPP and CPS Credit. (No certificates will be issued for partial completion).
- The RCA application can be found on the FOR-NY website www.for-ny.org
- Please send a copy of your registration with your check for $175
- Payable to: RCADD 25 Smith St. Suite 101, Nanuet, NY 10954
RCADD, 25 Smith St. Ste. 102, Nanuet, NY 10954
For more information contact:
Kathleen Katt Bennie,
CRPA – RCA Trainer
845-215-9788 ext. 11