JUNE: Prom Safety Month
PARENTS – PROM CONVERSATIONSDiscuss the dangers of Alcohol and other drug use with your child:
- Create a plan with your child
- Review the schools prom rules, as well as consequences of violating them
- Make sure you know who is driving to/from the prom and after- prom event.
- Speak to driver of the limousine/party van about your expectations for an alcohol/drug free ride. Do not permit opened beverages of any sort into the limo.
- Remind your child that driving while tired can be just as dangerous as driving while intoxicated.
- Remind your child that cell phone use is prohibited while driving
- If someone is unconscious call 911