Information Dissemination, Problem Identification & Referral
- Confidential problem identification screening
- Confidential referrals to help individuals and families connect with addiction specialists in Rockland County and the surrounding area
- Free information, literature and resources
What are the Signs and Symptoms of Alcoholism?
How can you tell whether you or someone close to you may have a drinking problem? The questions below can help:
- Have you felt that you should cut down on your drinking?
- Have people annoyed you by commenting on or criticizing your drinking?
- Have you ever felt guilty or uncomfortable about your drinking?
- Have you ever had a drink early in the day to steady your nerves or cure a hangover?
If you have answered yes to one or more of these questions it is highly likely that a problem exists. You may be developing alcohol dependence if you:
- Need to drink regularly
- Drink alone
- Hide drink in the home, workplace or car
- Need a drink to stop trembling (the shakes)
- Drink early or first thing in the morning
- Often have a craving to drink alcohol
Your social life deliberately revolves around drinking and neglects other interests or social activities to allow time for drinking.